- Volkman Avian Science Super Canary Bird Seed
- Harrisons High Potency Superfine
- Spray Millet .
- Fresh, Raw Fruits and Veggies whatever you have around the house that is not on the “bad” list.
- Soft Food (aka Egg Food) – see recipes at the end of this article!
- Condition Seed
- Natural Yogurt – NOT Flavored, NO Added Sugar – PLAIN, NATURAL YOGURT!
- Soaked Seed (see Sprouting Seeds For Birds & Nestling Food Diet for details)
- Oat Groat
- Mung Beans
- Green Food (Dandelion Leaves Are Excellent!)
- Ready-Made Egg Food (for those with little time)
CANARY SOFT FOOD RECIPES
Whole Hard Boiled Egg. Boil for 21 minutes, then mash and mix 2/3 egg to 1/3 of the Petamine.
(more work, remarkably better results)
Equal parts of :
and vitamin/mineral supplements (check the recommended canary vitamin page).
This dry mix is stored covered in the fridge and can last for about a month. Mix 3-4 tablespoons of dry mix per each egg which is hard boiled 21 minutes and mashed. Add color food for the red-factor babies and molting red adults. Babies do VERY well on this and hold their weight during weaning excellently due to the high-fat content.
Recipe #3 – See Sprouting Seeds For Birds